View Single Post
Old 10-27-2016, 02:28 PM
Semi-audiophile

I changed tubes in my preamp this past Saturday, and again had to struggle with the power cord as it drooped and lost connection. I am now considering actively a new PC for the preamp. Since the ICs and SC are all either Kimber or Transparent, perhaps I should start with their cords. The other PCs are Wireworld, however; haven't thought seriously about changing them just yet, as they are far less trouble, not being moved as often. But I have thought about it.

Right now I'm checking out Kimber's Ascent series and Transparent's High Performance series. With the Ascents, the main difference between them and the Basics is the connector being gold-plated. The jacket seems gray, versus the Basics' black. Transparent Premium is the comparable PC to the Plus ICs I have, but comes in the 2m length only; custom lengths are optional, but not really worth it to me. Those I've wondered about for my amps, wit the High Performance ones for the sources.

I should wait, probably, until the holidays and attendant expenses blow over since I'm not rich, but these "replace" impulses tend to be insistent.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks