View Single Post
Old 07-21-2016, 01:43 PM
Semi-audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterlu View Post
I think it is very important to note the following: I have been using WW power cords for over 20 years, and not had a single case of a sagging cord.

I employ over 200 of them throughout all my installations; here is just one system.

In addition, a while back I used a micrometer to measure the WW IEC end and compared them to Furutech, Pangea, MIT, and Cardas. They all varied less than .001"

Your problem is on the receiving end (gear side) not the power cord.
Well, your equipment is better than mine.

In Furutech's case, their grip is due to a "wire-clamping mechanism" unique to them, which wouldn't have much to do with the outside dimensions. As you noted, the IEC connectors are all pretty close to one another in that regard. Pangea supposedly discovered a new IEC that has a "death grip" (not my language, theirs), which is incorporated into their newer cables. And that's probably tied to the internals of the IEC as well.

One thing about the WW cords' flat profile is that it's more difficult to maneuver them side-to-side if the IEC's not vertical; up and down is fine. The lateral inflexibility is magnified by the short lengths I have (1m on the BDP and preamp). I will be taking another look at the existing setup before I go whole-hog on replacements, but some of this is curiosity as to what difference, if any, other brands would make. That's why Kimber and Transparent come in, frankly.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks

Last edited by prepress; 09-24-2016 at 06:12 AM.