View Single Post
Old 07-21-2016, 10:35 AM
Semi-audiophile

As a result of my IEC connection woes (detailed in another thread), I am more actively looking at brands other than Wireworld. Since My ICs are Kimber and Transparent, I thought I should look at them first, but am also including Furutech and Pangea. I see no need to go beyond these four at this time.

The budget is tight, so I won't be looking at their premium stuff. Preliminary perusals of literature reveal that Furutech and Pangea make specific mention of tight-gripping IECs. I will most likely take a chance on one of the four brands to start, and if I'm pleased with the connection, move to order more of that cord over time for all sources except the turntable, which has a captive cord (the phono preamp, however, does not, so I guess the turntable qualifies after all). Meantime, I'm trying to use photographer's tape to support the WW IECs that are the most troublesome.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks