View Single Post
Old 03-24-2014, 12:37 PM

I had a bad QB-9 experience with Ayre in 2012. I bought a new unit Feb 2012. It had a technical issue with spurious noise. Not repeatable, random noises. They initially said nothing was wrong but claimed to swap out the mother board. The first instant I had the "repaired" unit on it started with the same issue. After 6 months of the run around they agreed to send me a factory demo unit to see if it did the same thing in my system. It did not. Finally, after nearly a year, they agreed via email to send me a replacement unit. Over two months went by ... radio silence. I got fed up and asked for a refund. Alex Brinkman was a real turd at that point and stiffed the dealer who was a real professional the whole way. While I had the factory demo on hand I went to the McIntosh dealer and did an A-B with the D100 DAC. I bought the Mac. Never had a moments issue with noise of any kind. Ayre make good gear but the customer service has really gone down hill.