View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 09:20 PM

Used to collect watches both vintage and complicated.
Pictured below is my favorite watch - a Patek Phillipe Perpetual Calendar with Chronograph, ref. 3970ep.
Picture borrowed from the Bay.

Bought the watch in 1994 and still have it, sitting in the safe deposit box, used to wear it daily.

Current daily wear is the Rolex Bubbleback in 14k pink gold, circa 1945. Poorly photographed, very nice looking with nice patina in real life.

Other favorites are

Classic, vintage 1970s, Cartier Tank Louise in 18k yellow gold with extra flat Piguet manual wind movement. Love the classic look, rather small by today's standard. I actually own two of these.

Then there is this 1950s, Omega Moonphase in 18k pink gold. I need to learn how to take picture, the picture does not come out right. Subltle two tone dial.

Can't forget this Art Deco era, circa 1945, Ladies Patek with articulate lugs in 18k pink gold belongs to my wife.

Other watches include vintage Rolex Oyster Perpetual, Catier Tank Americaine - hommage to Tank Cintre, Rolex Milguass Anniversay with Green Glass. Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso. Used to own a few other Patek Perpetual Calendar watches but sold them as they rarely got any wrist time. Can't seem to part with the Patek 3970ep though. Bought and sold quite a few watches during the last 25 years.

mP