View Single Post
Old 03-28-2021, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyb123 View Post
I also use a Level 2 copper between Super3 and EtherRegen. It’s between Super3 and Chord TT2 that I switched from Level 2 Copper to a Audio Sensibility Signature Silver. (I mistakenly said it was the Statement in my previous post). The Signature Silver was a significant step up after it burned in.

I have wondered if I would also get a significant upgrade if moving to the AS SS cable for the ER. Maybe someday I will get there but it hasn’t been a priority. I’ve lavished more care on the TT2/Super3 as it has an analog stage.
Kennyb123, thanks for the input on the AS silver cable. I think I am going to keep the Copper Level 2 from the Super 3 to the etherRegen for now.

I have been doing a lot of research on a 10mhz clock’s for the EtherRegen and decided to try the After Dark OCXO 10mhz master clock queen version for the EtherRegen with square wave and 75 ohm output. I have read good things about AD clocks and it seems to be a great value for the price. I also ordered the matching LPS with dual 12 voltage outputs, not sure how it will compare to my Farad Super 3 which I am very happy with its results.

So my next purchase from Shunyata will be a 75 ohm clock cable, to use on the external clock to the EtherRegen, will it matter which version of cable I choose, I am using a Omega Ethernet from the b side of the EtherRegen to my Roon nucleus+. Will I benefit from using a Omega 75 ohm clock cable to the EtherRegen? Or can I get away with a Sigma or Alpha.

As always any advice is greatly appreciated.