View Single Post
Old 03-04-2021, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fastdriving View Post
Well...I doubt it, but everyone's system is different. I have a clocked etherregen, and I've never tried it without the clock input turned on. I guess I could.

But I will say, adding the etherRegen wasn't exactly mind blowing. I don't believe it was a huge difference in my case, and so I doubt that clocking vs unclocking is a big difference.

A clock costs many thousands of dollars (usually...) so I wouldn't buy one just for the small benefit of using with this ethernet switch. I'd only buy one for use with a DAC and potentially a transport or switch, etc as a secondary need. This is what I'm doing, personally. The clock has made a very nice improvement for my DAC (I've had a few actually).
2fastdriving, thanks for the input on the external clock for the EtherRegen. As stated earlier I have not received my EtherRegen from Uptone Audio, it is to ship around the 15th of this month. I will go ahead and install it initially without the external clock and see what it does. I will be using a Shunyata Research Omega Ethernet from the B side to my Roon Nucleus+ and the Omega USB to my McIntosh C53 preamp.

On a side note, I have a Omega USB installed for about 10 hours and I feel it is a significant upgrade from the Sigma USB