View Single Post
Old 02-22-2016, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearCityUSA View Post
Mine is 8-2-13, so just a couple months older than yours. Mine was originally supplied with the (2) Russian Rocket 6N1P-EB (6H1N-EV) up front and a (NOS)GE 6CG7 in the back with a JJ 5y3 rectifier. I inquired with Dennis about using 6DJ8s up front and he said that any of the 6922 compatible tubes would be fine here. He also said that 5UG4 and 274B Rectifiers will be fine in my LP2 version. I have since rolled some Bugleboy 6DJ8s and ended up back to the Russian Rockets and a Sophia 274B Rectifier and a GE 6CG7. I don't remember the particulars but I have bought backup 6N1P-EBs if that tells you something. Interesting your LP2 has the 12AU7s up front. Haven't seen that before. Looking at the Tube Data sheets for the 6dj8 and 12au7 I see that they are not wired the same so I have doubts about there swap ability but Dennis would know best. It seems likely that there is another (your's) version of the LP2 out there with different tubes. I suggest contacting Dennis.
I love those Russian Rocket 6N1P-EB (6H1N-EV) too. I guess getting my amp with the 6189's was a good thing because I already had a box full of really good NOS and modern 12AU7's, 12AT7's, and 12AX7's. I have really not used my DH gear much and have just lately set it up and rediscovered the joy of this fine sounding gear.