View Single Post
Old 10-10-2020, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlander View Post
Hi all - first thread! I am planning the next iteration of my audio setup (see my signature for current setup - I use the same system for stereo and surround listening) and want to build around the Aida IIs. I have been advised that if I go with the Aida IIs I should just go with two channels for movies too as finding a centre and rear surrounds that would complement the Aidas would be near impossible.

Until now I have always had a 5.1 setup for movies so this would be a big departure - would appreciate thoughts on whether I should go with 2ch only - or try to find a center and rears that would fit (maybe from the Tradition series..?)

Any advice appreciated!
In this situation, there is going to be some sort of compromise no matter what. Personally, if I was determined to use the Aida IIs, I would have a 6.2 set up with all Aida II speakers. 3 at the front and 3 as surrounds. I would then mount a tv from the ceiling that would be tilted above the centre Aida II. When seated, I would recline so that I would be able to view the tv from an ideal angle. Not perfect, but for me it would be the best overall compromise if I was set on using the Aida IIs for home theatre.