View Single Post
Old 07-03-2021, 02:33 PM
Member of the Music Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
As they say, money does not buy health, inner peace or one more day on this planet. Plenty of rich people could have testified to that but they are no longer with us...

Biological organisms with an expiration date is the fate of every living organism on this planet. Make the best out of the time allotted is always a sage advice...

But philosophy of life aside, as far as the audio hobby goes, after many years of participating in the hobby, I finally found inner peace with it. I simply enjoy, explore and study the music that turns me on. The gear has become very secondary in the equation but of course it has been selected to bring me listening pleasure and I knew exactly what I do and do not enjoy after all these years. Is there better stuff out there? Absolutely! Do I care anymore? Nope. There is no end to bigger and better...

I for once find the balance of not obsessing over upgrades and enjoying music many hours a day very refreshing. It does not mean that I will never upgrade or change anything, of course something will eventually change. The upgrade merry go round is just no longer the primary focus like it once was.

As always, this is IMHO and YMMV. Enjoy the hobby whichever way it turns you on.

Age of wisdom
Sonus Faber Elipsa SE | REL S/812 | Goldmund Telos 280 | EAR Yoshino 912 | Merason DAC1 | Innuos ZENith Mk3 | Clearaudio Innovation Basic + TT5 + Lyra Delos | Studer A810+A807 | Nakamichi Dragon | RDacoustic Hybrid Acoustic Diffuser