View Single Post
Old 06-02-2021, 08:36 AM

The proposal of the reflection is very interesting, after having read all the contributions I rescue in particular the words of Charles and Serge about enjoyment and rationality in hifi audio.
After several years in this hobby, some of the things I learned is that rationality does not limit enjoyment, on the contrary, it has been useful to open the doors to greater enjoyment of my system and music. audiophilos can transmit the profile of a person who knows how to enjoy every detail and new toy, absolutely everything new that comes to the system is cause for excessive celebration, if to that is added the surprising ability of children to quickly get bored of things and his constant search for new stimuli can perhaps be interpreted then that a child has a greater capacity for enjoyment ... personally I think that is not the case.
The racial rescues the bored and nonconformist child and gives him a capacity for enjoyment that does not depend on illusory values ​​such as the aesthetic, the new and the expensive of things but mainly the rational as well as in life helps us to see things as they are actually, no magic and no smoke.
At the beginning of my path in audio, my goals were the high-end systems, from the speakers to the most expensive cables that adorned the covers of the magazines of the field at that time, as I am not wealthy that approach produced for many years a dissatisfaction with this hobby, it always seemed to me that I was far from the goal, from the dream perfection, at some point I even opted for the resignation of thinking that this goal was reserved for a lucky few and that since I was not one of them I simply should stop making trouble for me, anyway ... luckily (?) that one day changed when I started to think about the reason for each component in my system, its nature and real function, the audiophilo smoke extractor turned on in my life and The result was in regards to the team in an exponential enjoyment and logically this event completely unlocked what did not allow me to enjoy the music.

Sorry for my English, it is not my native language.