View Single Post
Old 01-04-2014, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Mikeoz.......In this day and age nearly all of the better known audio companies are making excellent audio gear, amps, preamps, integrated amps, and even some receivers. The competition is aggressive in the market and the Internet allows information to be delivered at the speed of light so it is very difficult for any company to produce crappy gear and not be discovered and exposed in short order.

If you have a budget in mind for an amplifier we might be able to offer more definitive suggestions to your question. An alternative is the pre-owned market where audio dollars often go twice as far or more.
Hey thanks Dan appreciate the comment but my last post was slightly 'tongue in cheek' as I recently bought a 302e and am very happy with it. Not sure what I'm missing out on as McIntosh (I assume that's the preferred choice) are very rare in the UK , I don't want a lot of heat and tube power amps don't suit my style of listening.

I do think this thread illustrate why so few people post in this particular section.