View Single Post
Old 10-23-2021, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robfine View Post
Well, I bit the bullet, pulled the trigger and all that and put in my order for a May DAC. I currently have a Holo Audio Spring 1 KTE DAC that I took a chance on a few years ago and have been very happy with. However, I upgraded speakers to Dynaudio Heritage Specials a few months ago and it seemed time to do a bit of upgrading and see what they can really do. I was planning on doing some auditioning of different options but two things changed that. First, at least for me, once you’ve listened to a good R2R Ladder DAC it is very addicting. Even more relevant though, is that I discovered that Kitsune HiFi, the US arm or Holo Audio has an upgrade program and I was able to trade in my Spring dac for what I paid for it less 15% so right off the bat I saved about $2K. That would let me buy the May for about 3.5K. And a nice little feature of the trade-in program is that you keep the Spring until you receive the May so I’m not left without a dac for 5 or 6 weeks (although I have Bryston BDA-2 as a back-up that clearly doesn’t suck). I’ll update when the May arrives.
I'm guessing you will be VERY happy in about 4 months (2 to get the May and 2 to burn it in).
Sound Lab 745s, AtmaSphere MA1s, 2 Rythmik 12SE subs, 1 dual 10" DIY sub, Parasound JC2 pre, Aurender S10, Holo Audio May DAC, Oppo 105, DIY Lenco L75, Wavestream Kinetics tube phono stage, Shunyata loom