View Single Post
Old 10-16-2021, 11:37 PM

Completely understand that you are just "breaking it in" for a friend. It is going to change a bit more but I didn't find it to be radical though I may have missed a lot of it as I put it in a spare room connected to an old OPPO 970 and an unused and unpowered preamp and let it run 24/7 for 21 days. I listened to it for about six hours out of the box and while it wasn't bad you could tell it needed seasoning. When I had the transformer mod done on my Directstream Sr. a few months back it got the same treatment. I don't think it will ultimately change which DAC's presentation you prefer at all. It's like when Ted Smith told everyone about upgrading the transformers in the Directstream the first group that did it talked about how it made it "a completely different DAC." Well it didn't. It made it a better version of itself and what Ted intended to start with but it still doesn't play on the same field with the May or the Aqua La Voce S3. The La Voce being a similar concept DAC as the Directstream with 7 years newer technology and better parts.