View Single Post
Old 02-19-2022, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewB View Post
@SCAudiophile

I generally need to hear the system before a purchase. To me, synergy is key. When I demoed the Aeris at the factory, I brought my record player (and table), power amp, laptop, cables, etc, and set it all up at the factory. Yep. I brought a spirit level to level the table for my Linn Sondek LP12. My power amp sounded like rubbish compared to the PowerBlock 2, so I went full active with ICE modules (used in the PowerBlock 2).

From what I can tell, Raven tube amps have been used with the Valor in a number of shows. Bascom King also mentioned that listening to the Wavelet with Valor was an ear opening experience. This was at Destination HiFi in Los Angeles. Not sure if he was using a tube amp. This tells me that the Valors can work well with a tube amp.

When it comes round to a tube amp comparison, I will probably fly over to LA to have a listen. If the improvement is significant, I may bite the bullet.
I take the same approach...must listen first before committing a purchase. In the case of Valor, I heard it 5 times over a multiyear period and made sure I also heard hundreds of other speakers wherever I could and culminating with Munich High End 2019....it was clear after that,...Valor prevailed for me.

Would love to hear what you think when you hear the combo with tubes.

As I said, I'm sure it will be wonderful sounding....without a doubt. Raven, VAC, West End Audio Munich, NAT Magma and many other names I have heard and love, would be on my candidate list. My other comments are my personal preferences alone and towards the underlying differences that I've found impact music that I must have perform as I know it can after the beautiful tones and glow of tube effects on the audio presentation are experienced and I start listening deeper and beyond the initial effect. More on specifics of what I mean when we can connect.

Last edited by SCAudiophile; 02-19-2022 at 11:02 AM.