View Single Post
Old 07-04-2022, 01:10 PM
TechDAS AF 1 & Vitus MP

Many thanks. I (or my dealer) definitely will contact Magico … Magico Bass is awesome. But as stated earlier subs help make the room sound better. For me it’s not really about the lower bass (it’s already well defined and clear) but the improvement of the room itself. Can’t do new room treatments - WAF.

Magicos paired with REL G1s are awesome. Heard them. I’m sure they would be great with either the REL No 25s or 212SXs as well. Unfortunately Magico subs would be too large to fit in our room. The S Subs would fit, but IMO not a good sub for Magicos M series speakers.

The new room - if we do it - will be incredible. Knowing me it will have even larger speakers, and I may make it a TT only room. Put three TTs in it, larger speakers, etc.

Still a lot of planning to do, but I desire to maximize the sound in our Great Room. I have to go listen to more subs. I’m looking for someone else who has Magicos and REL combo as well.

Also I may upgrade my amps as well. Three under consideration, Gryphon EVOs, EMM MTRX2s, and the Pass 600.8s. All mono set ups. I spoke with Nelson of Pass Labs the other day and he actually suggested the 600s over his XA pure Class A series “for my application” (really hot in FL). A new amp may change my mind about a sub - as the EMMs (1000 w per channel vs my present 520 w …) made the bass come alive even more .. So, some huge decisions to make.

Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
JoeN, I would contact Magico. I have had lots of experience with subs. As far as integration I believe you will experience significant problems because of the size of your woofers. Have you considered the crossover frequency between you new subs and your mains? None of these subs will be as quick as your mains. The higher the crossover frequency the more apparent this will be. Your bass will be different but will it be the bass you have now? Unless you are dissatisfied with it, wait until your new room when you will have more space, then add Magico Q-subs which will provide you bass as quick as you have now.

Best

Charles

Magico M3s; Vitus Masterpiece Components; TechDAS Air Force One; 2 x SME 3012-R; Airtight Opus 1 and MSL Platinum Signature; Taiko Audio Extreme + Switch; Albedo Metamorphosis Signature cables.

Last edited by JoeN; 07-04-2022 at 01:25 PM.