View Single Post
Old 07-01-2022, 08:38 AM
TechDAS AF 1 & Vitus MP

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandee14 View Post
I have a different view of subs. I have PMC speakers and I do not feel I need to influence bass response. The designer has gone to a lot of effort with the x/o network and cabinet structure to ensure the sound is 'realistically' balanced. To add a sub from a different manufacturer with different sound characteristics which might also cause certain frequency cancellations is a risky move.
Thanks. I’m not considering adding a set of subs because of any perceived or actual deficiency in our speakers - Magico M3s. These have 3 X 7” Graphene Nano-Tec Bass … Unbelievable speed and accuracy - it’s excellent sound.

However, while the right set of subs can go lower in the bass, the main advantages for me I expect to be improved system dynamics, soundstage depth, and spaciousness. Most of all a set of subs - properly set up - can help tame a room.

This is an interesting article and one of the reasons I’m seriously thinking in this direction.

SUBWOOFERS IN STEREO SYSTEMS

Magico M3s; Vitus Masterpiece Components; TechDAS Air Force One; 2 x SME 3012-R; Airtight Opus 1 and MSL Platinum Signature; Taiko Audio Extreme + Switch; Albedo Metamorphosis Signature cables.