View Single Post
Old 04-25-2023, 10:52 PM

I have been off since a few months essentially due to a move into our new house last December. My audio room is not what it used to be in my old house but it's manageable for now. Later this year I plan to mimic what former listening room was but I will have to knock down a wall and build another one to make it work.

Well, I am revisiting this thread as we moved into our new house. And after we moved in I just installed my system and called it a day. I no longer have my dedicated 20A power lines AND Shunyata CopperCONN I used to have installed. My audio experience has been significantly reduced largely because of this. I upgraded my beloved modded Yamaha CA-1000 to an Audio Research DSi200 two weeks ago and, while it is actually a real an upgrade, I was not totally convinced as I felt there was something missing.

Here comes last Sunday, rainy, and kids doing their stuff so I decided to kick myself and install the two CopperCONN I could install. Even if it means I will be using noisy 15A non dedicated circuits. Well folks, everything I wrote in this thread still applies. I immediately heard the difference and it's pretty obvious. Now it sounds very similar to what I remember from my old installation. My DSi200 can easily express itself now, and sounds as I expected it to be (and hoped TBH). Can't wait now to run dedicated lines, and add a power conditioner to the mix. Really the CopperCONN are exceptional.

Cheers!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6330.jpg (92.5 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6331.jpg (94.0 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6237.jpg (90.7 KB, 61 views)