View Single Post
Old 01-05-2018, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enatai252 View Post
If I understand your question. You run Roon Core on iMac mini and use Ayre QX5 as a Roon endpoint in one system. The QX5 is Roon Ready meaning the Roon core sees it and can communicate with it using RAAT to send music files directly to the QX5.

You would also like to run an iMac in another room as a Roon bridge which is doable. A Roon Bridge functions much like a Roon Ready endpoint in that the Roon Core sees it as and audio output option and can send files to it. You want to output the Roon bridge Audio output from the iMac to the DX5 via usb cable which should also be doable if setup correctly with the right drivers. The DX5 can be fed digital signals via USB. That connection has nothing to do with Roon as it is just receiving digital output signals

I believe the DX5 is limited to 24/192k pcm over usb but will also accept DSD over USB
I will need to study the details about a Roon bridge, but that's exactly what I want to do. I had originally installed Roon core on the iMac upstairs and sent files via ethernet to the QX-5 downstairs. I think Roon core in the iMac upstairs might have been deactivated when Roon core was activated in the Mini downstairs. Now I also want to send files via USB from the upstairs iMac to an upstairs DX-5 DSD.

db