View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiofan1 View Post
I've had KK's DXD12012 (a.k.a.MX5000 mk3) in my setup since Dec 2012, I traded my M&K MX150 for a very generous sum. While words can't describe what Ken has done, I will say forget what you know about bass! and get to a demo if possible and as for musicality I dare you to find better integrating sub and guess what? the wife and daughter love its look. I hope to have another by years end to take advantage of the near field 3d pulsar effect? which is better explained by ken.
It's a slippery slope for me for sure. It would mean buying an entire Kreisel Sound system before I know it. - For now I'll maintain the pair of stacked V125's I have. I emailed Ken about a year ago for information about the foam appliques used on the S-5000THX ( and S-150Thx) as well as some info on the Mystery speaker in the original line , the S-90. He sent me the original marketing brochure which was chock full of great info about the S-90 - ( basically a short version of the S-5000THX) At the time he said he might consider starting a support forum and may even offer some parts ( most likely just the foam bits since people are asking for them) and repair for the original products he developed. - A community of users is the way to go . It's definitely working for company's like Emotiva , Serato, Ableton etc. - It would be awesome to have an official "Kreisel" support and user group. - I need to follow up with him on the Foams, in the meantime I'll be getting the grills re-clothed. it's time. - I'd love to hear the new Satellites he's developed , but again I know that a demo is "dangerous" for this self proclaimed M&K addict.

Last edited by bostown; 06-26-2013 at 09:51 PM.