View Single Post
Old 12-11-2020, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
I have no problem with disagreeing.

Let me know if the theory of how AC gets across the primary transformer winding through the core of the transformer via a "magnetic field" into the secondary, then is rectified, converted to DC and is stored in capacitors for the Voltage Rails to be used in amplification stages has anything do with any power cord whatsoever. Because neither myself nor any engineer I have ever spoken to has ever had an explanation for that.

Of course the other side of the argument is I hear it. Blindfolded? No, not really, it all falls apart blindfolded.

McIntosh has never been an advocate for aftermarket cables until recently when they decided the cable game can bring in more revenue so why pass on it. Gordon Gow despised Monster Cable and everything it stood for duping people back in the day.

So the approach of Audio Jewelry is quite acceptable to me where as the other Voodoo approach is not and not for the lack of trying over 30 years. I am not a hypocrite either, having an electronic background, I myself have also gone against logic when it comes to audio.
Yeah old McIntosh manuals used to recommend just using basic lamp cord as speaker wire. I tend to agree with that approach hence the reason all of my cables are either from Monoprice, Blue Jeans, or Benchmark.