View Single Post
Old 12-11-2020, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
First, terribly sorry this happened. When you buy Mac you expect it to work. If you bought the 462 new from a dealer there should be no problem with getting the unit replaced with a new one. My dealer would be out in a blue livid second as soon as my new unit arrived.

This brings up an issue that I have never understood. Any unit that I buy better be new out of the box never opened until it is installed by the dealer or by me. How is it that folks get to audition all this expensive gear in home including cables and cords before buying? All I can say is I don't want any gear that has been on the back seat or trunk of any vehicle or in anybody's rack. As far as I'm concerned it's a used piece and I don't want it. Or, I want to know it and receive a 40% discount. It's not even a demo at that point.

Best

Charles
Charles,

Short answer is dealers keep certain stock as demo/loans and another way is to rent/borrow from an outfit such as The Cable Company which allows you to play with whatever cable you want for a fee.