View Single Post
Old 09-28-2016, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexorca View Post
Yes, I use Isotek Super Titan evo3. It sounds much better than directly from that wall socket.
+1 Another definite vote for an amp direct-connected into an Isotek EVO3 TITAN.

I've owned a lot of different types and brands of power conditioners over the years; Monster, Richard Gray, Shunyata Hydra8s, Tara AD6C, Furman (Elite 15PF, IT-Reference20 and IT-Reference20i), ExactPower EP15A, Purepower 2000, Bybee Stealth v3) and now a combo of the Isotek EVO3 SIGMAS and EVO3 TITAN....

With the Monster, Gray, Shunyata, Tara, Furman and Exactpower, while I did run with my Edge NL series amps into the conditioner for quite a while, once i had a good dedicated 20-amp circuit with good grounding, etc...those amps sounded much better and had much more dynamic range when direct-connected into the wall. With the Purepower it seemed to be a toss-up, so I left them plugged into the conditioner so I could run off battery power when desired and have peace of mind of safety through a brown-out and all the things the PP2000 brought to the table before the unit's batteries started to have issues and I started to have significant issues with PP customer service and integrity.

With the Bybee Stealth v3 and an Edge NL12.1 and later Maker Audio NL14, it was a very close race sonically. Left these amps plugged into the Bybee very happily but their dynamics improved on the "biggest" material (large scale orchestral, pipe organ, etc...) when put direct into the wall.

My latest conditioner config is a dual-config recommended to me by the then US distributor for Isotek (Kevin from Vana Ltd); I have the Isotek EVO3 SIGMAS "tethered" directly into the back of the Isotek EVO3 TITAN and ran my Maker Audio NL14, and now my Esoteric A-02 directly out of the TITAN along with the bespoke HDPLEX power supply for the Legacy Wavelet processor with great results. The added bonus is that all my other equipment, including the 1000w ICE amps in the Legacy Aeris towers are direct connected into the back of the EVO3 SIGMAS. The SIGMAS being tethered directly to the TITAN is fantastic combination, works as one unified power conditioner, same ground reference, etc....best I've ever heard and I'm not looking back. If I could ever afford a couple of their Super Titan or other top-line units, I might upgrade but the TITAN and SIGMAS are here to stay tethered together until that day. The super black backgrounds and overall performance of the system took a big leap when I moved to these Isotek units....