View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 10:44 PM

Default Do you connect your amp to your power conditioner?

Yes, but I use line conditioners that don't restrict current flow and well shielded thick gauge aftermarket AC chords.

In the first system the Moon W5 is connected via Harmonic Technology Fantasy AC10 to Shunyata Hydra H2 connected to the wall via Shunyata Taipan Alpha. Yes, I borrowed from the dealer before buying. Compared to directly connected to the wall socket, the conditioner cleaned up a lot of AC grunge and noise. The placement of each instrument and performer, the dimensions of the sound stage, and the starting and stopping of sounds all cleared up. This amp is famous for being spacious, articulate, with incredible center fill fleshing out all sorts of sounds between the speakers. All these strengths came alive. The system did something they refer to as "micro dynamic shading" and it is one of the things that high end audio should give you.

The other system, I'm running Linn Majik 2100 Dynamic connected via PS Audio AC-10 to PS Audio Duette connected to the wall via Shunyata Taipan Helix. I was warned by my PS Audio dealer the PS Audio chords may tend to soften the highs. There is no such softening with the Taipan Helix. The sound is expansive dynamic and keeps the Linn's ability to bring out pureness of tone and intricate detail (this is in a smaller room mind you). I got the power conditioner setup before the power amp. My Acoustat TNT120 died and the Linn replaced it. I've not tried plugging the Linn directly into the wall. The system works well though.

Find a good dealer who will let you try the power conditioning products in your system and audition what you can afford to see what you want to own.