View Single Post
Old 03-17-2012, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjayz View Post
I did not want to spoil this discussion but I did sell the LP-70S and found a Premier 350. All I can say is woof! IT does it all very nicely. THe trade off between SS and tubes with this amp is not that great. A winner if you can find a used one. I am powering a very tough load with my speakers and it handles them easily.

Good Luck
Thanks oldjays, and welcome also. I do think it has come come down to either a Prem. 350 or an ET-250s among CJ. At the risk of hijacking my own thread and offending my good CJ buddies, a friend recommended that if I go SS, I might consider a McIntosh 302, which is a little more in my price range than the Prem 350 or ET250S (Mac 302 is new @ $5500, and used for quite a bit less if you can find one.) With my CJ preamp, it could be a pretty sweet setup. I'm really not that familiar with Mac, but I listened to their $6000-range integrated amp a while back, and it has a sound I like, not as sweet as CJ, but much more to my taste than ARC. Any thoughts on on going with a SS Mac Amp anyone?