View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 01:19 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
JFTM.......I have owned my PMC EB1i's for over four years now, play them every day, and they still surprise me how open and clean they sound no matter what volume level I play them. I spend 90% of my time with them at power levels under one watt peaks. Even at this level I find them rich and satisfying. As for handling power, the EB1i's have rocked the house at 600 watt peaks without a hint of strain at any frequency range across the spectrum. The PMC EB1i is a tremendous loudspeaker.
I always find discussion of PMCs interesting, but as I am not an owner, I find the nomenclature for the different models very hard to keep track of; it's like trying to keep track of the Audio Note line. Or Harley-Davidsons! I always have to go back to the PMC Web site to know which models you guys are talking about, and the PMC Web site actually doesn't have the best photographs that show the differences between the speakers, especially with respect to scale (how big they are compared to one another). When I saw the photos for the speaker model Jeff Whitlock has, and then I was over at his house and actually saw the speaker for real, I was very surprised at just how big the speaker really was.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 02-18-2012 at 01:22 PM.