View Single Post
Old 08-01-2021, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70sMac View Post
I've got JRiver MC28 for Mac, on a trial basis, and I've used it [so far] to rip redbook CDs to FLAC. The results are very nice, so I assumed that FLAC is the way to go.
For CDs, yes.

Quote:
On the other hand, I'm now employing Sonore ISO2DSD to process the SACDs that we already own into individual DSF files [which happened by accident, honestly]. So I went back to the JRiver forum to research converting said DSF files to FLAC and, in short, found a thread where JRiver users were complaining about what they refer to as the "infamous DSD click." In fact, it would seem that there are folks out there who've already ripped all of their SACDs and, for whatever reason, are having to go back and rip their SACDs to ISO again.
Old stuff.

Quote:
I'll link you to the thread, but I'd really like to avoid any issues down the road, so I'm hoping to find the simplest way to go about ripping both types of SACDs (stereo and MC). I see that you've posted to this thread, Kal, so would you mind typing some words about this phenomenon and, more to the point, how to best go about avoiding it?
2 ways.
1. Use the most up-date-version of SACD_extract or, instead of ISO2DSD, use the latest conversion methods from github.com.
2. Do the ISO to DSF conversion with Bogi's method:
ISO2DSF v1.2.2 - SACD ISO to DFF to DSF via context menu