View Single Post
Old 07-28-2020, 04:20 PM

I know this is an old thread and am not trying to revive this old thread.

I purchased a used Cary CD 306 SACD (non Pro version) player about 2 months ago through Audiogon. It is the one that was released right before the Pro version and plays both CD & SACD. The unit was manufactured in 2006.
I've been enjoying the sonic quality and musicality of this machine and everything have been going smoothly so far except for few little minor quirks every once in a while here and there but nothing major. Have been playing both CD/HDCD & SACD with no issues except with this new Pink Floyd Wish You Were Here SACD that I recently purchased. It just wouldn't read this particular SACD disc. It said "no disc" on the front panel display. And I put in all other SACD discs and the player reads them all just fine except for this particular Wish You Were Here SACD disc. I found it pretty odd.
I was very excited when I first received this Wish You Were Here SACD but my Cary CD 306 SACD player wasn't able to play it. But all other SACD discs were played just fine.

Anyone having the same issue with this particular Pink Floyd Wish You Were Here SACD with your Cary CD 306 SACD Pro or non Pro version since the disc drive transport mechanism used are the same in both CD 306 SACD Pro version and CD 306 SACD non Pro version.
Or does anyone know what seems to be the issue or problem?

Thanks in advance.