View Single Post
Old 09-17-2021, 03:27 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCAudiophile View Post
Not meaning to offend anyone here....I've owned quite a number of top AES/EBU cables over the last 20+ years. My setups always require dual AES so I've had a many chances to delve into this one cable need deeply I would say and I've spent a LOT of money chasing this particular beast.

I moved on totally from Wireworld AES/EBU (110-ohm), 75-ohm and 50-ohm quite a while ago. Based upon experience, Shunyata makes a digital cable line that suits my needs and what I listen for much better. One man's opinion and I'm not looking to start a holy war.

I would suggest Shunyata Sigma AES/EBU v2 or if you can swing more, the new Omega AES/EBU. I've done the progression of Shunyata cables up from the various offering levels (all v1) and then v2. Sigma v2 is their best yet, only thing that beats it is OMEGA.

If your budget or preference is a more moderate price, look at Alpha v2 digital from Shunyata; their impact on the system beat Sigma V1 in testing here and anything else I've owned including Kubala Sosna ELATION, various Acrolink-Mexcel Esoteric-branded cables (which are excellent and I'd label my #2 of all time).
Agreed 100% on the Shunyata AES/EBU v2. Shunyata is the class of the field with respect to digital cables. If the budget doesn't support Sigma V2, the Alpha V2 is really excellent, too.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.