View Single Post
Old 07-31-2021, 07:27 PM
George

Default Synergistic power cords for REF 160s in all ARC system

I have been optimizing my system’s power cords after finishing the interconnects. I have DH Labs, all sorts of Cardas, WireWorld Silver, Transparent and a couple others laying around. I have tried Cardas repeatedly, but while they are nice in the lower midrange and bass, they always loose detail and seem to tip the balance to loosing detail (interconnects and cords surprisingly). So, one by one I have replaced them with Transparent… seem perfect balance of neutral. Now I have gotten to the amp. I want to be really careful to get this one right, because it is high current. I actually have a Cardas Beyond Clear on there now. It is long, so to really do this, for my final choice I may have to order one and find out.

I know there are quite a few of you within comparable systems out there. Any thoughts from your experience?
Main: Aurender W20SE music streamer, ARC REF 9SE DAC / CD, Linn LP 12, Koetsu Rosewood SignCartrige, ARC REF 3 Phono Stage, ARC REF 6SE Preamp, ARC 160s amp, Sonus Faber Amati Traditional Speakers,Transparent Ultra IC & SC Library:Aurender N100, Ayre QB9 2020 DAC, Woo WA5-LE amp upgraded tubes, Focal Utopia HP, Sennheiser 800s HP, LCD HP.