View Single Post
Old 10-27-2017, 04:18 PM
Go Dawgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBritt View Post
I think there are two differences between the Alpha NR and the EF models. Three if you include that the NR series retails for $300 more than the EF.

1) The EF (which I take to mean Extra Flexible) brings that to the shelve

2) The NR incorporates CCI technology (which I take to mean Component to Component Interface or perhaps Component Contamination Interlock)

CCI™ filters have the unique ability to reduce component-generated power line noise without inhibiting DTCD™ (dynamic transient current delivery). This unique filter element prevents power line noise from one component contaminating the other adjacent electronic components. Shunyata Research’s **CCI™ filter modules consist of proprietary multi-stage filters that reduce power supply-generated noise without the use of heavy transformers, coils or large capacitors.

Yes, on closer examination on their site that does look to be the primary difference......wonder how big of a real world difference that would make, I mean if you're spending that much on a power cable you might as well get the max benefit even if the NR is just a bit more money. Guess you'd have to really compare in your system to know.

- Buck
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3