View Single Post
Old 09-21-2014, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car commander View Post
What cables did you like? My IC's are KS Elation and speaker Tara Omega Onyx. I may try KS elation speaker cables again but I liked the Tara's with the Dart amp. Hard to try everything no high end much in Atlanta.

Ref150 is a great amp but not really a fair comparison.
The KS Elation are fine cables - nicely balanced, neutral enough, do no wrong, and almost everything right, quite reasonably priced too - I had their IC, SC, PCs.
However, imo they lacked the organic touch, timbre richness/color saturation of the Siltech or TaraLabs Omega/Zero Gold I tested.
I ended with Siltech Royal Signature then, and have since been working my way up its chain, running a full loom now.
Or perhaps this maybe a good time for you to scout for current flagship Taras as new models soon to be released, I spotted few good bargains to be had in the used market.
My speakers (as do yours?) incorporated ceramic drivers, so I found cabling with inherent richness especially in midband region complemented them very nicely.
*Imo, where Siltech has an edge over Tara is their ability to project the more 3D palpable, holographic presentation of images/instruments.

Last edited by bvdiman; 09-23-2014 at 02:32 PM.