Thread: MQA Discussion
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2018, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beet Farmer View Post
I want to comment on the 'limitations' of CD. I recently bought a $7000 SACD player, and really just for the DAC it uses, since it is doing SACD and CD in an upconverted DSD process.
As an aside I would mention I am a high frequency maven, it really matters what the treble is doing..
And this now Device really solves for me, any CD hash issues I ever heard.
So what I am stating the digititus issue so many call a basic part of CD is not really the fault of the CD, more like the problem with a lot of DACs.
Just sayin'.
(PS I have no fish to fry in MQA. I own all the music I ever will play, have no plans to ever do HiRez, or streaming.)
I have a lot of hi res music, but with well recorded rebook 44.1/16, I don't even think about hi res and its not missed by me. A well recorded red book CD imported as an .aiff file on the Bryson BDP-3 is totally satisfactory to me; in fact it sounds more natural than hi res which often plays louder but not necessarily better. The real good think about red book is all the music I like I can find on it. What good is it to have a bunch of hi res music you don't even like?