View Single Post
Old 03-11-2012, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'cisco View Post
Nice looking amp Joe...... Forget the 900 number....just sell it to me under the table....I won't tell anybody. I promise

Can anyone explain why CJ doesn't produce SS amps or integrateds anymore? I would definitely put them on my list if they did.

Hope to see some more pics when you get it Joe.
Some time ago I read in another forum that cj stopped producing the Premier 350 because they were not making money on it, as manufacturing costs were too high and they would have to raise the price to keep it in production to a point it would not be a good value compared to their tube amplifiers.

Joe, when you get you amplifier check is all the fuses ( B+, B- ) are the correct ones of proper type, and if the RCA connectors are firm. It was one the problems of this amplifier - it the internal nut became loose, the plug would could start rotating and break the ground wire - something that could damage the amplifier, as the body of the connector is insulated from the chassis. Also always disconnect the power cables from the mains when exchanging the input cables or preamplifier. The ON-OFF switch has a poor de-bouncing system, and sometimes switches on again if you do not push it firmly in a decided way to switch off

Other that this the amplifier is very reliable - but avoid shorts in the output. The only protection are the fuses and sometimes a transistor breaks faster than the the fuse. On my 350 I always insert some plastic spacer between the binding posts, as they are very close.