View Single Post
Old 08-27-2020, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonmb View Post
If you hate to give up your SSP 800 and your only issue is 4K video, why not just get an extra hdmi cable and run it from your player direct to the Sony for video, and just use the SSP 800 for audio?
For the Pioneer Elite UDP LX-500 4K UHD bluray player that I will be purchasing will not be an issue as this player has dual HDMI outputs. I can run one HDMI out to the SSP 800 for audio only and the other out direct to the 4K TV for 4K video.
Even with my current Oppo 105 bluray player I run the audio only HDMI out of the Oppo 105 to the SSP 800 for audio only and run the other HDMI out (video only HDMI out) of the Oppo 105 direct to my 1080p TV for video only.

However, I will also be getting all those 4K movie streaming devices and these devices only have one HDMI out, so that will be a problem since the SSP 800 does not pass through 4K video.
It wouldn't be an issue if the Pioneer Elite UDP LX-500 4K UHD bluray player was the only AV source component in this home theater setup.

I wish I could still get the Oppo 205 4K UHD bluray player cause the Oppo 205 has 2 HDMI inputs to connect from external AV devices/sources. that way I could run those 4K movie streaming devices / 4K capable cable TV box/decoder to the HDMI inputs on the Oppo 205. then run the audio only HDMI out of the Oppo 205 to the SSP 800 for audio only and run the other HDMI out (video only HDMI output) of the Oppo 205 direct to the 4K display. So I could use the Oppo 205 as HDMI 4K HDR video switching for those external 4K movie streaming devices / 4K capable cable TV box/decoder, etc.

Last edited by Dilettante; 08-27-2020 at 12:53 AM.