View Single Post
Old 08-26-2020, 04:13 PM

Default Looking for a new HT processor that supports 4K HDR

I'm looking for a more current AV pre pro that supports 4K latest HDR Dolby Vision to replace my Classe SSP 800 av pre pro in my dedicated home theater setup. There's nothing wrong with my SSP 800. it has served me well in the last 8 or 9 years and the sound quality is phenomenal but the SSP 800 does not support 4K. I'm going to move up and upgrade to the latest Sony 4K OLED TV and get the flagship Pioneer Elite UDP LX-500 4K UHD bluray player soon along with those 4K capable movie streaming devices to stream 4K streaming movies. Still currently using the Oppo 105 which is connected via HDMI to my Classe SSP 800.
I use this setup mainly for bluray movie disc and occasional DVD-Audio (high resolution audio disc) music playbacks for now, but when I get the Sony 4K OLED TV I will also be getting those 4K capable movie streaming devices as well as the Pioneer Elite UDP LX-500 4K UHD bluray player.
I don't do stereo listening in this HT setup. I have a separate dedicated stereo setup / system in a separate room.
And I have no desire to upgrade to Atmos setup. DTS-HD Master Audio & Dolby True-HD are good enough for me.

Anyways, I'm considering the Marantz AV8805, the latest NAD M17 v2, Anthem AVM60 & McIntosh MX122/123 to replace my Classe SSP 800. From a pure sound quality alone, how would these new processors stack up against my Classe SSP 800 in terms of pure sound quality? I hate to let my SSP 800 go cause it is a superb sounding pre pro for both movies and DVD-Audio music playbacks. just wished it supports 4K HDR. So, do you guys think sonically any of those new processors I listed above would compare to my SSP 800 for movies and DVD-Audio (high resolution audio disc) music playbacks?

Any other options are welcomed. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Dilettante; 08-27-2020 at 12:34 AM.