View Single Post
Old 03-31-2021, 10:13 AM
Semi-audiophile

Speaking of fantasies, I have, as reported in my power cord thread, ordered three Transparent Premium power cords to replace the Transparent HPPCs on my SACD, Blu-ray, and tuner pieces. I'm utilizing Transparent's upgrade program to do this and to save some money over buying something else straight up (Shunyata NR10s or NR12s) and having the extraneous PCs lying around, adding to my clutter. The Premiums were ordered Friday from a local dealer I've dealt with before. My LD player has a C7P Jewel AC from PS Audio; not sure if I'll do anything about that one yet.

Since the Premiums do represent a stopping point (for power cords they do, anyway), I should be able to sit back and just listen. I need to do more listening, I think. If I go for the LD player's PC, my best option is a Venom V14 Digital cord, more for consistency than anything else; then all my aftermarket cords would be either Transparent or Shunyata.

I also notice I forgot equipment racks in my initial post, so I will go back and update. Racks are part of the system, too.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks

Last edited by prepress; 03-31-2021 at 10:19 AM.