View Single Post
Old 02-11-2021, 05:44 PM
Semi-audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by piolaxo View Post
It has happened to me as well, but from a different situation. Last year I was able to
get a great pair of well cared Audeze LCD-4s. After spending more time with them,
I have been enjoying a lot my music. Even so-so recordings come decent and for sure,
great ones are just unbelievable sounding.

Nowadays, the system is just used while watching movies which is alright, but the
two channel listening has taken a step back. Another little annoyance is that my
preamp is developing a 1db discrepancy between the right and the left channels
which affect the balance more than I didn't want to accept. It is noticeable and
at times distracting. I need to look into that at some point.

The last reason that I can attribute is the pandemia; while I enjoy that the whole
family is together, with my daughters large set of online regular and extra classes,
it restricts my chances of "awaking" the system, so I end up gladly with my newly cans.
Good thing you have headphones, seems like. You can immerse yourself in your own space.

I still haven't played a record in ages or listened to more than one CD all the way through in a while; I haven't even played the system for background music whilst in the kitchen but once in the last several weeks. Here and there I've watched a piece of a blu-ray. Time issues, lack of energy, both are culprits in my case. The interest is still there, but the desire has faded. Maybe I need to buy something to get it back? But then I consider the turntable's plight and dismiss that idea. The only replacement on my "fantasy" list that has a real chance of happening is the power cords, and only if I'm willing to spend the money; right this minute, I'm not.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks