View Single Post
Old 07-03-2014, 04:14 PM
Semi-audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweet View Post
Samsung confirmed Thursday that it was shutting down its plasma TV business "due to changes in market demands," choosing instead to focus on curved and ultra-high-definition models that use LED technology.

-- Plasma TVs are just about dead
Which is just a fancy LCD to me, and despite their improvements, LED sets suffer from many of the same issues that plague regular LCD such as off-axis viewing and motion resolution issues which require refresh rates that render the dreaded (to some) video look to film.

I plan to keep my PRO-111FD Kuro for as long as it works and when the time comes, get whatever I can afford that fits my budget and needs. Maybe the industry will have its act together by then.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks