View Single Post
Old 09-10-2021, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyb123 View Post
I would recommend that you try to put aside any preconceived expectations and maybe even invite over a friend to listen with you. The best way to evaluate Shunyata’s approach is to set aside what you hope to accomplish and just allow yourself to hear what’s actually accomplished.

The Triton (if v3) when used with the Typhon QR were previously amongst the best one can buy. The reviews have been about as good as they could possibly get. If you aren’t hearing any improvements then I have to think there is something wrong with either your gear or how you’ve chosen to evaluate these products. You should hear some differences with it being more of a case of whether you like what you hear. You have some really good components and I would expect you to be more impressed with how good they really once they are able to thrive thanks to being supplied with better power.

Shunyata’s products are the real deal and few other brands deliver the value for the dollar that they deliver. I can understand how some might have a preference for other brands though or how some might not appreciate the differences they hear. But not hearing any improvements? These would have to be counterfeits for that to happen.
kennyb123 Please allow me to offer some support for the OP. I get where he is coming from because I'm in a similar position. Similar to many I've been building my main system over time. Adding components as I ask myself what will bring the next largest jump in SQ for me. I have a few more acquisitions before I get to where I believe cables will influence the most.

Up to this point I've taken the stance that "better cables can't hurt" so I've dabbled by adding them here and there but in the back of my mind I wonder if they are worth the cost.

Your cables are similar to what I would be looking at purchasing when the time comes so I would be interested in your reply to the question. Did you always believe "better" cable will bring better sound or did you come from a more pessimistic position? Please don't mistake this for a snake oil position of mine I'm truly intrigued by cables and if you were won over because of what you heard or measured would carry more weight for me. Knowing where audiophiles come from on this subject is important.

I say all this knowing everyone's system is different and each needs to be evaluated on it own.

2-Channel
McIntosh C2700, (2X)MC601, MEN220 Lampizator Baltic 3
Sonore opticalRendu, SGC sonicTransporter i5 (Gen 3), Roon Thorens TT TD318
B&W 803D3 JL Audio (2x)f110v2
Shunyata Denali/S v2, Alpha v2 PCs, WW Gold/Silver Eclipse Interconnects, Platinum USB

Whole House Music Listening
Bluesound Vault2i, PowerNode2, PulseMini2i, Pulse2, (3x)Flex
5.2 System Above using Passthru
Marantz SR7012
Oppo 205, Apple TV (4th gen), Sony XBR850e65
B&W HTM2 D3
Second 5.1 System Castoffs from Upgrades
LRC Paradigm Millenia 20, Velodyne MiniVee 10, KEF surrounds, DefTech AW6500