View Single Post
Old 09-09-2021, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tima View Post
I could not quite get from your initial post what is your dissatisfaction - is it something you're hearing or something you're measuring? Or not hearing? Or expecting different measurements? Can you say more?

Replacing a power cord on your turntable or its power supply is not likely to yield much in the way of sonic benefit or noise reduction. I'd probably leave the M60s straight into the wall and use the Triton+Typhon for your phonostage, linestage and digital/music server.
I'm intrigued, and skeptical, about the cost benefit of power quality and conditioning. I'd like to find something that would improve the emotional engagement and tonal accuracy of my already pretty good system, and power may be a way to get there. Other power products I've purchased (Richard Grey Power Stations, TWL PCs) were purchased based on endorsements of others and "can't do any harm" philosophy. I've never heard a significant difference in my system with the products installed.

Caelin's use of relatively simple and affordable metrology to demonstrate the effectiveness of Shunyata's products combined with a hearty endorsement of my speaker dealer (and many audiophiles everywhere) convinced me there's something to it. The leap needed with Caelin's approach, of course, is that improvements in DTDC and Entec qualitative noise measurements result in audible improvements in audio gear. Seems plausible, but I still want to hear it with my ears in my system. The Venom V12NR in my Parasound preamp was audible improvement when plugged into the Hydra. The other components plugged into the Hydra with TWL cords didn't sound any different, nor did the Wavestream phono stage with the V12NR. The Hydra results were pretty surprising given the raves about the QR technology and the cost of the boxes.

Now I haven't totally concluded there is no audible difference. I plan to remove them from the system after they've been in for a couple weeks and see if things sound worse. They should. If not, then I'll try them on the amp end of the circuit, if still not, they don't stay.

All of this is a rather long, rambling pseudo answer. Perhaps a more concise one is that I'm curious what all the shoutin's about, and would like to improve the quality of sound in my system if possible.
Sound Lab 745s, AtmaSphere MA1s, 2 Rythmik 12SE subs, 1 dual 10" DIY sub, Parasound JC2 pre, Aurender S10, Holo Audio May DAC, Oppo 105, DIY Lenco L75, Wavestream Kinetics tube phono stage, Shunyata loom

Last edited by ACHiPo; 09-09-2021 at 07:53 PM.