View Single Post
Old 09-08-2021, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACHiPo View Post
I'm demoing a used Hydra Triton and Typhon QR on my front end components. While I've been impressed and swayed by Shunyata's videos and articles, I don't hear much, if any improvement, and if there is an improvement it is quite subtle. Not what I was expecting for a used component that cost as much as my new Holo Audio May DAC.
Which power cord did you use to connect the Triton to the wall? That’s power cord is the most critical one when it comes to getting the most from any power distribution device. The other power cords matter too, of course, but the first cord can set the agenda for what follows.

Is it possible your gear just isn't audibly sensitive to the noise reduction? I’m sure your gear will benefit - but the chain is only as strong as the weakest links. So your power cords and signal cables can play a big part in that. I think the Venom NR power cords are excellent and offer a nice bang for the buck. The Delta v2s are a worthwhile step up if you can swing them.

What you will hear when the right pieces are in place is a reduction in noise floor, with noise removed that you didn’t even realize was there. In my case, adding a Denali v1 startled me because it made it evident that through most of my years as an audiophile I had been listening to music that was covered in a haze.
Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri power cords, QSA Lanedri Revelation XLR interconnect, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256