Thread: Lumin P-1
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2023, 12:09 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by clpetersen View Post
Hey Stephen - thought I would move this over to the P1 thread (from the System Integration thread) - your earlier reply re: using the P1 as the system preamp is below -

Question: Do you use the P1 volume control ('LEEDH') also for analog inputs? Have you compare to traditional volume control for analog? Linn does similar for their Klimax systems.
Yep, I use it for everything, even when I spin LPs. I have the EAR 324 connected to one of the P1's analog inputs, and use the P1 as my preamp. I set the Inspiration's volume to unity gain, and I use the P1's LEEDH volume control to set final output volume. It's the best "volume control" I've ever used. Can't remember specifically if I posted a reference to the LEEDH technology, which was developed in Europe, so I've linked it again here. That's what I really like about Lumin, they don't suffer from "not invented here" syndrome. If there's a best way to implement a technology or functon for their products, they just do it. Lumin just does not f*ck around. And..it shows in the quality and functionality of their products.

https://www.processing-leedh.com
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 05-15-2023 at 12:16 PM.