View Single Post
Old 03-24-2023, 08:28 PM
Semi-audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by W9TR View Post
26 pages and I can’t believe I haven’t posted. For the 2-channel and front center:
Kimber 12TC. 1m length, bare wire terminations both ends. For the rears - Mil STD 27500 plenum rated 12GA twisted shielded pair.
Kimber 12TC is very good. I liked mine. I traded it in toward a pair of Transparent Plus bi-wire. Auditioned them in the store and it was extremely close. The Plus was a bit smoother on top I thought (so did the salesman), but the difference wasn't huge. I think the cosmetics tipped things more than the sound; the 12TC stood out a bit too much visually given how the rest of the system looks. But make no mistake: I'd buy 12TC again, depending upon the system. I was using two pair to bi-wire my speakers; on the amp end one pair was spades, the other bananas. Both pair were bananas on the speaker end.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks