Thread: Krell 700cx
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2020, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maharajs View Post
Thanks Charles, power wise, the unit runs on a dedicated 32amp isolator wired direct to the dB. My unit also didn’t allow for a separate power cable, it has the factory fat gauge power cable wired directly into the unit.

Will check out the c22
I also owned a Krell MR subwoofer that had a detachable power cord. Now I remember that Krell specially manufactured a power cord to specifically use with the 700cx. The cord is definitely not a stock cord but a special cord. Krell was dissatisfied with the current attachable power cords available at that time so they made it impossible to attach an inferior cord to this amp. This is just one of the many special features you get with this amp. For example the amp has no capacitors or capacitor bank. It has double the amount of transistors of a regular amp and they are special transistors. Also a 6,000 watt power supply. It runs full class A 100% of the time by means of a special bias circuit that was specially manufactured by Dan D'Agostino of Krell. Still it runs really hot, the only drawback, but the sound can't be matched.

Best

Charles

Last edited by Charles; 09-05-2020 at 01:18 PM.