View Single Post
Old 05-26-2023, 04:57 PM
Semi-audiophile

[QUOTE=clpetersen;1074506][QUOTE=prepress;1074446]
Another concern is that my computer is starting to misbehave. It's an iMac, and the dock doesn't always show up when I start it. I have to go into System Preferences/Dock to get it to show. Could it be on its way out?
Quote:

Cannot comment on the mattress, but a hidden dock is standard on a Mac. Just hover the cursor near the bottom and it should appear. You can change this behavior in System Settings to be always visible.

Nothing wrong with the computer!
This is a recent occurrence so I wasn't sure what was going on, having never seen it until recently. Occasionally the dock isn't there at startup, and I was wondering. May still go for a new iMac, as this one's 11 years old. Better check the settings to be sure, even though I never changed them.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks