Thread: New! Unison USB
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2020, 05:23 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJinID View Post
I installed the Unison USB module into my Yggy a little over a week ago and have finally had some time these past few days to do some dedicated listening. I have to say I'm very pleased with the upgrade. I'm hearing similar things to what others have reported - wider/deeper soundstage, even more detail, and a more realistic sound with better impact and decay. Not huge, but most definitely and immediately noticeable, and a very worthwhile upgrade!

My digital front end has really come together with this final upgrade. I now have the Sonore Ultrarendu powered by the Uptone Audio LPS 1.2, the Uptone Audio EtherRegen also powered by the LPS 1.2, Shunyata Sigma USB from Ultrarendu to Yggdrasil DAC, and Shunyata Sigma Ethernet cables from wall to EtherRegen and from EtherRegen to Ultrarendu. All of these various pieces have made a definite and cumulative improvement, and I'm super happy with how things sound!

I don't have a Unison upgrade yet, as that will involve waiting "in queue" for some time, and then more waiting some weeks for them to install the upgrade at Schiit as I have a Gumby, but the benefits you describe for the other components in your digital front-end (all of which I also have with the exception of a SOtM network bridge instead of an UltraRendu) are 100% concordant with my findings and experiences. The benefits the ER and the Shunyata Sigma Ethers bring are not subtle, either.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 03-11-2020 at 05:26 PM.