Thread: Dac ?
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2019, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkusTubesNow View Post
Anybody got a recommendation for a good USB cable? I'm using the one that came with the Orchid and it sounds pretty good.

For my 75ohm cable I'm using a Nordost Blue Heaven.

Most of the rest of my cables are home theater interconnects picked up cheap. I expect I'll replace them as funds allow.
For USB, I tried the stock supplied Orchid cable too, works well. Seems to be a fairly nice well made cable with good materials and not some junk throw-in. Thats what we like about those guys at MHDT, they design and listen and try to sell a competitive product with the necessities. Might be hard to beat that stock USB until you tried several others to better it. It's worth trying different tubes in that DAC for sure as you've already got some nice cables, and that Nordost Blue Heavan is reportedly a nice cable too. If not done, caps and tubes are your next best bet. The stock caps are not bad in that unit either, but the stock GE5670 triple Mica tube is a tad tipped up for nice clear an clean open sound. If you want warmer try that Tesla, it sits right between the GE and the WE396A in the Orchid. Nice.