View Single Post
Old 04-06-2021, 04:12 PM

Hello ��
I am happy 802 D3 customer for the last 2 months. Lately I noticed that on different volume levels there is some disbalance in the high frequencies. Tested with mono source signal the highs of the right speaker are bit louder, which results in moving the overall balance to the right. Shortly after I noticed this behavior my right tweeter stopped working. It is strange, because I did suspect some issues with the left one, as it has been the bit quitter one.
The dome of the nonworking tweeter is not damaged. I am waiting B&W to replace it under warranty.

Anyway, does anybody experience some difference in tweeter levels with theirs D3s?
I am testing with mono signal. Swapped the channels of the amp – the same right speaker is still louder.
Cables are equal length. The amp is Musical Fidelity M6si (still waiting for the new MICHIs to be delivered).
If I connect other speakers to the same amp, same cables there is no disbalance in the heights.
Next step in my testing after the damaged tweeter is fixed will be to swap physically the left and right speaker, just to be sure it’s not something related to the room acoustics, but if the room is the reason then the other tested speakers would tend also to have this unbalance.

Please share your experience and ideas how to proceed from now on.

Thanks!