View Single Post
Old 04-01-2021, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike175gr View Post
I was able to get a good price on the REL212SE subs so I ended up buying two as that was what I really wanted in order to integrate them better as well as to work right with my Mcintosh 501 mono amps.

I was over thinking the sub integration process. When I finally got them out of the boxes and put in position where they would sit it was a really easy process of adjusting them.

Now when I listen to various programs the subs really help tremendously. I was listening to some music over the weekend and fairly loudly and was checking me meters. They were registering much lower than I would have thought based upon the volume. The subs were filling in the sound with each and very naturally..

I was probably not really describing it that well, but the room will dictate how you have your settings, but overall it was MUCH easier than I thought.

I am VERY happy that I got the pair of subs. They sound great with my 802D3 speakers.
Thanks for sharing your insights, and am glad you are happy with the RELs and that they complement well your 802D3. Also, it's good to know that the setup of the subs is relatively easy.

Can't wait to finish my HT room and get the RELs
Amps: Mc611s; Bryston 9BST Speakers: B&W 802D3, HTM1D3, B&W SCMs, 2x REL Carbon Special + Analysis Plus REL SpeakOn cable; Pre-Amp: C2700; Processor: Marantz 8805A Sources: Aurender N20; PSA Directstream DAC; JVC RS2000; Stewart Screen Cabaret with StudioTek 130 G4; Oppo UDP-205; Power & Cables: Taralabs bi-wire; WW XLR Silver Eclipse 8; WW Silver Starlight 7 Coax; Denali 6000T, Shunyata Alpha, Delta and Venom.